Saturday, June 11, 2011

MG's been thinking....

"Mommy, today is a BEAUTIFUL day. God must have put the really nice clouds out."


MG: "Mommy? Why do those people just run around our neighborhood? The grown ups, I mean?"
Mommy: "Well, they are running for exercise so that they can keep their body healthy."
MG: "hmmm... it's really hot. We should tell them about Stretch and Grow. They can come with me at my school. It's nice and cool there."


MG: "Can I sing the 'Jump Shake Ya Booty' song that I learned?"<-- she learned it from my 10 year old sister, who learned it from me... pay backs...
Mommy: "That's a funny, silly song to sing at home. But we shouldn't sing it at school or teach your friends. That one is only for home"
MG: "Why? God is EVERYWHERE. If he doesn't like it at school, why does he think it's funny at home?"

Serah's really starting to communicate too! So far, she says the typical "out, down, up, all done, cup, hi, bye, book, uh oh, and eww yuck". Additionally, she has picked up "Dangit, hi-ya! (while making a sumo wrestler stance) <-- my 10 and 12 year old brother and sister think this one is particularly hilarious), and "booty" (thank you MG...).

Serah is also learning that she doesn't have to talk to convey a message... When I walk into a messy room she immediately points directly at Mary Garland and grunts, just to be sure I know who is responsible.

No comments:

Post a Comment